Friday, June 15, 2012

Flower Power!

Hey There - Its me again :-)
Today I want to share with you what I have been up to with those wicked Helmar Adhesives.
I call it 'Flower Power' - why you may ask - well its all to do with using of heaps of flowers and that was the first name that came into my head lol.
I have been itching to do a canvas along the same lines as this for ages, but  when I saw this  book box from our local 2 buck shop I knew I had to have it so 10 bucks later (why do they call it the 2 buck shop when not much is 2 bucks had got me lol ).... and lots of Prima roses, some Dylusions Ink Sprays and how does one forget the most important bit HELMAR Adhesives - here I used my fav's Acid Free Glue, 450 Quick DryCrackle Mediums and I finished it off with a generous coat of Crystal Kote Gloss.......
 Flowers, Flowers & more Flowers...............
Look how awesome the Ink Sprays worked with the Crackle Mediums - Look at all the texture baby, love it !!
 an inside view - ready to hold my jewels!
 It's just an open Flower Power kinda book/trinket box !! Honestly go grab yourself some Crackle Mediums and have a play I promise you, you wont be disappointed :-)

6 comments:

  1. How gorgeous, what a lovely idea for a gift. I'm not sure if you're aware Rae but you have word verification turned on, if you wish to remove it here's something I found.

    Do you know how to turn Word Verification off?
    I found this explanation over at 'Lets Get Sketchy' http://www.letsgetsketchy.blogspot.com.au

    Go into your “design” tab
    Click the “settings” tab
    Then click the “comments” tab
    Scroll down to “show word verification for comments” and click NO
    Then save settings.

    Please ignore this if you wish to leave it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AMAZING!!! WOW WOW WOW!!! I am IN LOVE!!! It has inspired me to make something like this!! WOW!! Thanks for the inspo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! That box for your husband is AMAZING! LOVE IT!!! Yes I will need to get my hands on some crackle Medium!!!!! Love the flower box also!

    ReplyDelete